Well, tomorrow is my due date. It has been so entertaining to hear my co-pregnant friends impatiently wait for their due date, eagerly hoping that perhaps their child will come early, or at least not come late. I, too, felt that way last year with Joey but this time things are a bit different and it is SOOO much easier.
My ward will be having a luau on April 1st and I have volunteered to perform the hula with a couple of other women. We have been practicing for a few weeks and it has been such a blast. The only problem? My due date is tomorrow, March 26th. That means that I have to be at least 8 days late in order to make this all work the way I want it to. Totally doable, right? But here's the thing: even if I'm not able to do the hula, I will have been SO grateful for the HOPE of the hula. I remember when I was pregnant with Joey, I was just sitting, waiting, wishing for 2 weeks that "maybe today will be the day!" Good grief, it was stressful! Now, though, that I have something to look forward to post due date, I can just go on living my life without the constant hope that my indigestion might have actually been a contraction. It has been the best stress-reliever ever. I plan on doing something similar for every pregnancy henceforth, and I recommend it for every woman who is pregnant or plans on being pregnant soon.
Wish me luck!
Yay, you updated! Now I want to see a picture of you! Hope everything goes great in the coming weeks with your new addition!
ReplyDeleteThis is great advice! I'm so excited for you...good luck with delivery #2! I'm sure you'll rock it or the hula or both!
ReplyDeleteWhat a good idea! Funny too! There are like 10 babies due in my ward in the month of June. We should have a hula contest...
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to pictures when the little man comes.