Monday, April 4, 2011

The Newest Member of our Family

Moses Samuel Arnett was born April 4, 2011 at 12:46 pm. He weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces and measured 19.5 inches. He is adorable and looks like a dark haired version of his older brother. An album of our photos of the new baby can be found here.



Mary was a super trooper at delivery. She makes labor look so easy. We got to the hospital at 6am for the scheduled induction. Shortly after getting hooked up to the pitocin she had the epidural put in. She then went down for a nap and when she woke up the baby was ready to be born. The nurses had to tell her to hold off until the doctor could get to the hospital. When the doctor arrived she gave two or three pushes and Moses was born. She is extremely grateful for the wonders of modern anesthesiology.

Joey's first meeting with his brother was very adorable. I was sitting in the recliner holding Moses when Joey came in with his grandmother. Nana set Joey down on the floor about six feet in front his brother and me. After looking at his brother for a second or two, he put on an ear to ear grin and started clapping. His claps were then followed by shrieks of pure excitement as he continued to gaze at the new baby. When we brought Joey close to Moses, he was so tender. His eyes were locked on the infant and he would poke at him gently.

The birth of a new baby is truly a miracle. During the first few hours at the hospital Mary and I felt that we were just going through the motions and we were afraid we were not going to appreciate the specialness of the moment. However, as soon as I saw Moses' face for the first time, tears of joy were streaming from my eyes. While the nurses cleaned him up and checked him over he was crying gently and reaching out with his tiny arms. I couldn't stop crying and all I wanted to do was hold him. When the doctor finally finished her work I was too choked up to thank her. This experience of being a parent is a gift from God that I wouldn't trade for anything. I love my family. They are the greatest thing in my life. Mary and I are so happy to have Moses safely with us.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, Justin and I are so excited for your family. Welcome baby Moses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet! He is absolutely precious! Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *tear. such a sweet, heartfelt post! hope you and your family are doing well! loves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations guys!! He's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete