- WEIGHT: Though I didn't weigh Joey at 7 months, he weighed in at 6 months at 16 pounds 7 ounces. Compared to Moses, who just got weighed today at 14 pounds 11 ounces. Needless to say, Moses is a small fella. Joey was small, too, but Moses takes the cake. Moses still wears size 2 diapers while some of his peers are in size 4 (Joey's current size). When I look at him, I know he doesn't have the cute baby chunks and rolls that lots of babies have, but he doesn't seem to look frail. I hope that someday when he's older and I look at pictures of him, I won't say "What was I thinking? He looks like a skeleton!"
- NIGHT SLEEPING HABITS: Groan. Joey sleeping 12 hours through the night was "old news" by 7 months. Moses has never once given me such a long stretch. These days we're grateful for a 10 hour night of sleep with 2 wake-ups in the middle.
- NAP SLEEPING HABITS: Joey was easing into 2 naps per day. Moses, who knows! The poor kid gets his naps sacrificed for errands multiple times per week. He will fall asleep in the car, but he's a pretty light sleeper so he won't stay awake if I try to move him. If we're home, though, he usually has 3 naps per day.
- TEETH: My boys are very consistent with this. Neither boys had teeth at this stage. Joey got his first tooth at 10 months; we'll see if Moses follows suit.
- EATING: I thought Joey was a good eater. He ate all kinds of baby foods and loved most of them. Moses, on the other hand, is a different kind of good eater. He loves food, but he hates pureed baby food. He wants the real thing. Pretty much since he was 6 months old, that kid has turned away jarred baby food and wanted the real deal: cheerios, pancakes, real fruits and vegetables in very small size chunks, pasta, and pretty much anything we have for meals. Moses is WAY more willing to eat our food than 20 month old Joey is. Ridiculous. Despite all this, Moses still is as skinny as can be. The doctor is continuing into encourage me to put butter or cream in everything he eats. I hope this doesn't lead to constant butter cravings for the rest of his life...
- CRAWLING: Joey commando crawled. Moses does the worm. Both were very mobile by this age, just in different ways.
- STANDING/SITTING: Same pace. Both boys were pulling up to sitting and just starting to pull up to stand against furniture. Moses can even climb a stair onto a little landing. I guess that means it's time to get the baby gates out!
- QUITTER: I noted that Joey was a quitter at this age. If he couldn't get what he wanted, he'd just cry and stop trying. Moses doesn't give up for anything. Once he has his eye set on something, he is SOO determined to get it, no matter how hard I try to divert his path.
- PHOTOS:
JOEY:
MOSES:
There is clearly no way to compare their cuteness since they are both out-of-this-world adorable (I'm not biased or anything). I love my sweet boys so much. They make me very happy.


Holy smokes! We were both shocked at those Moses pictures--we don't even recognize him at all! It makes me realize how long you guys have really been gone. *tear*
ReplyDeleteI'm always blown away by how big developmentally Moses is. I keep thinking that he's just a little baby. Then I remember he's not a tiny baby. He's older than Renn! And trust me,she is right behind him on. I can't wait to meet your cute little guy!!!
ReplyDeleteThey are beautiful and cute, Mary and Tom. Such blessings!
ReplyDelete