Monday, June 25, 2012

A Trip to the Beach

This weekend we finally made a trip out to the beach! As it turns out, Connecticut beaches are absolutely nothing like California beaches. We were expecting waves, cold water, and soft, hot sand. We arrived and found a very shell and rock filled shore (not exactly fun for walking on), and much warmer, calmer waters than we're used to. 
As you can see, the beach we were at is located right on the coast of Connecticut but directly below us is Long Island, hence being blocked from any kind of waves. If our boys were 10 years older they probably would have been bored out of their minds. Thankfully, this was PERFECT for them because they were already terrified of the water when we got there and the calm waters really helped ease them in. We all ended up having a lot of fun and it was the perfect escape for a Saturday afternoon. The funny thing about our boys is that even though they are having tons of fun, they don't smile much about it. They are very focused in their fun: Joey, in running in the water screaming "BRAVE!" and Moses, digging sand and trying to put it in a bucket. 
















At one point we saw 5 planes flying in formation and then before we knew it, they were spelling out letters. Crazy!!!

Thankfully all of our boys wore enough clothing/sunscreen to be protected from the sun. The same can not be said for me. I apparently sat in the water too soon after putting my sunscreen on and I got this lovely red pattern all across my legs (and back too). Considering I brought no long skirts or tights to CT with us, you can imagine how attractive I looked at church the next day. Lesson learned. 




1 comment:

  1. OW!! That looks painful. Yeah, your beach looks a little different than ours, but fun anyway! Your boys are so cute - I love their concentrated faces. "Brave!" That is awesome. I hope you get to go back often. 8 more weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete