There are two perks to this arrangement:
1) I get SOOO much more time to myself (read: my nap time) because I get the pre-nap time PLUS the nap time afterwards. That's like 4 hours, sometimes more!
2) It's REALLY funny to peak in their room once they've finally conked out and see what kinds of mischief Joey has been up to. Here's a list of some of the silliest things I've seen:
- diapers (clean, don't worry) scattered across the floor so that not an inch of carpet could be seen
- hampers emptied and dirty clothes scattered like the diapers
- clothing drawers emptied as above
- any combination of the above 3
- 5 packs of baby wipes (the ones from costco-HUGE) in Moses' crib (?)
- the sheets taken off both Joey AND Moses' beds and properly placed in the hamper (boys sleeping on plain mattresses)
- one day a whole shelf from a bookshelf was missing
Today I was sure that they weren't going to ever fall asleep because I kept hearing noises through the wall up until 3:30. I was in and out of sleep during that period but once silence finally came, I feared that the silence came from trouble rather than sleep and was startled out of bed only to find them sound asleep on sheetless mattresses. Silly boys.
Jackson did this too! It was awesome because he would stay in his room for sometimes 4 hours, it was amazing! His room would always be a disaster whenever he would wake up, but it was totally worth the 4 hour breaks =)
ReplyDelete