Monday, March 2, 2009

Never trust a recipe with the words "pupu" in it

Lately, I've been getting a bit restless with the handful of recipes that I regularly use for making dinner. As a result, I have spent a significant amount of time on allrecipes.com. This website, like all others, has its hits and misses but I was really counting on it being a success because of all of the tips and ratings that people commented on each of the recipes.

My first attempt at an "allrecipe" recipe was quite a hit. They were called "Waikiki Meatballs" or something of the sort and they were delicious. Because the first meatballs were such a hit, I figured I'd try out another meatball recipe. I searched for something simple and found "Pupu balls." Despite its wretched name, so many people reported good things about this recipe so I figured it was worth a shot. What was SUPPOSED to turn out looking something along the lines of this...
...ended up looking more like (and tasting more like) what it's title deemed it to be. It was an absolute disaster. It would have been bad enough if only Tom and I had to suffer the swallowing of such a salty, mushy, pooey mess, but of course no, I thought that it would be fun to invite our friends Kia and Sam over for dinner that night. The poor things had to smile their way through that horrible disaster of a meal.

So that just leaves me with my lesson learned:

Never trust food that has the word "pupu" in its name.

1 comment:

  1. oh no! Well, hopefully the next dinner from that website will be better. :) I like foodnetwork.com, have you tried them?

    ReplyDelete