Saturday, October 16, 2010

Man's Best Friend

As much as I gripe and groan about Trueman most of the time, we really do love having him in our family. He can be a pest, but he really is lovable and fun to have around. To be honest, I was pretty nervous about how Trueman would handle and interact with Joey when he was born. I just wasn't exactly positive that Trueman wouldn't confuse Joey for one of his many chew toys. Thankfully, Trueman has not only been good with Joey, but he's been great. He is patient and calm and (though he probably doesn't know it) even encouraging to Joey. They really have bonded and I'm so glad that Joey has a best buddy to play with at home. I (and I'm sure Trueman, too) can't wait until Joey is a bit bigger and can do more with Trueman than chase after him and try to eat his ears or play with his snout.

Here are some of the classics of our dynamic duo...









Just a few days ago the boys were playing together on my bed. I couldn't help but laugh how it started out as this, with Trueman thinking he was going to get a good back scratch...



quickly progressing to Joey opting for something much more appealing...




Thank goodness Trueman is so patient with him.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing at how patient and tolerant dogs can be with kids? It's like a 6th sense they have that this is "their" baby and they are so nurturing and protective of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, your mom just sent me your blogspot.
    You can bet I'll be checking it regularly.
    The pics of Joey and Truemen are priceless.
    Trueman is so good with him as Gus is with Lucy. Dogs can be very special guardians.
    Won't Trueman be surprised to see a new little
    one in March. Will surely be a Kodak moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm a little behind the times, but this is adorable!! Matthew and I love the pictures. So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete