Saturday, September 17, 2011

RIDICULOUS

I don't know which is more ridiculous: the advertisement I'm about to show you, or the fact that I think it's worth blogging about. Either way, I need to get it off my chest....or tush, in this case.


Today's topic of discussion: Desitin

(sorry for the lame picture with my lovely thumb...I couldn't find the ad on the internet)

Two things SIGNIFICANTLY wrong with this picture: 

1. That baby's butt is PERFECT. I see no sign of rash. None. That tushy looks so soft I could use it as a pillow. Why are you putting Desitin on a perfect little butt? Maybe I could kind of try to wrap my head around the idea with the slogan that it works ON CONTACT, but that's way too magically instant and besides...

2. Wrong place, buddy! Last I checked, rashes originate between the cheeks, not ON the cheek. I know rashes can spread that far, but as noted before, there's no rash to begin with! 

Seriously. If I hadn't seen this advertisement in multiple magazines by now, I would have thought it was a joke. The only explanation I can think of: a bachelor must run the marketing department of Desitin. How else could this have passed for printing? I mean really. Come on guys, your customer base is a group of people who know what a rashed rear looks like and trust me, that ain't it! 

Thank you. I will now step off my soap box and go to bed. Brought to you in part by Boudreaux's Butt Paste, the proud new sponsor of the Arnett baby hineys.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha I didn't even notice! How funny! I shouldn't laugh at it. I guess I haven't done any diaper changing recently enough.

    ReplyDelete