Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 Question Survey

So this survey has been going around on Facebook, but I decided that I would rather post it here on my blog. So here ya go!

25 Random Things About Me

1. Whenever Tom is not with me and he doesn’t pick up his phone, I immediately assume the worst. I’m kind of paranoid that way. If he’s unable to pick up the phone, it must mean that he’s dead.

2. I love baths. I hate my current apartment’s bathtub and look forward to the day when I can have one just like my mom’s. Her’s is heaven. Whenever I go home, that is the first place I want to go…after giving everyone hugs first, of course :)

3. I sincerely believe that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth.

4. I think my hubby is the best thing since ever (he even beats out sliced bread). I don’t ever get sick of him. I spend pretty much all day with him except for class...and when we’re in class, I miss him.

5. I pretty much hate the phone. I’m a terrible phone conversationalist and I never return peoples’ calls. So if you’ve called me recently and I haven’t returned your call, don’t take it personally…but also don’t expect me to call you back any time soon. In all honesty, it probably won’t happen. But like I said, it’s not because I don’t love you.

6. I’m SO ready to get out of Provo. Not that it isn’t a lovely place, but I’m getting kind of bored of it. I’m ready for something new…like North Carolina!

7. I can name the states alphabetically. Not that unique, but I take great pride in this simple talent.

8. I am comparable to a Tazmanian Devil. Ever since I can remember, I have loved to take things apart (though I refuse to learn how to put things together). Some people like to sew, I like to take apart sewing. I’ve destroyed many a beaded purse and shredded many a clothing article. Once I see a loose string, there is no going back. I just can’t control myself.

9. I am enjoying my History of Interior Design and Architecture class so much that part of me wishes I could go back and switch my major to Humanities. The other part of me is sensible and realizes that I am WAY too close to finishing to turn back now.

10. I am currently obsessed with doing my family history. Once I start, I really can’t stop. Within the past 2 months, I have found over 900 names. Granted, not all of them are my direct line, but it’s still WAY cool to learn about all these people.

11. I sit Indian style (or criss-cross apple sauce…whichever you deem PC) every chance I get. In class, in the library, at church (if the skirt permits...and sometimes even if it doesn't), at home, at the dinner table, at the computer lab…the list goes on.

12. I am currently in a small argument with Tom over the name Imogen for potential future daughter’s name. I know that most of you will probably side with Tom because it’s kind of like an acquired taste, but I love it and someday he will love it too, gosh darned it!

13. I love musicals. For example, my iPod is currently playing on shuffle with ALL of my music collection and it is currently playing a song from Annie, which was preceded with a song from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. These kinds of soundtracks make up the majority of my music collection.

14. One of my favorite pastimes is to watch movies with the director’s (or whoever’s) commentary playing in the background. Unfortunately, I have now seen all of the movies in our collection PLUS all of the movies with commentary.

15. Tom and I recently went to Target and spent our last wedding gift card which we had saved for a rainy day (and believe it or not, we went on a rainy day). We spent almost half of our spending money on two amazing DVDs: Charlotte’s Web (yes, the 1973 original) and the 30th Anniversary School House Rock DVD. They are amazing.

16. I have only found one Crock Pot recipe that I have genuinely loved. I thought everything was supposed to taste good after it has slow cooked for 8 hours, but that is definitely not the case.

17. In high school, I was known as the Cranium Nazi. I never lost. I have thus since calmed down a little, but I still get a little bitter when I get stuck with (how do I say this nicely) a “Cranium-challenged” person as a partner and end up losing (believe me, it’s NEVER my fault).

18. I’m pretty much the weirdo in my family. I never get ranch on the side (ok, maybe I do sometimes, but only so that I fit in. I never actually eat it) and I hate Dr. Pepper (I don’t even try to pretend like I like that junk). I’m more of a bbq and root beer person, which just isn’t normal for Zuback women.

19. I don’t know how to drive stick shift. Sad, huh? My sister Sarah tried to teach me once. But it was on her mustang when I was like 14. Let’s just say she never tried to teach me again.

20. I hate most jewelry. My ears are pierced but I don’t ever wear ear rings. I have necklaces but always forget (or just don’t want) to wear them. The only jewelry that I consistently wear are my wedding/engagement ring (which I love) and my bracelet that Rachel gave to me from Africa. They never come off. If they did, they probably wouldn’t ever find their way back to my body.

21. I never have normal dreams. They are always so weird and obscure and I remember them pretty vividly each morning.

22. I hate shopping for clothes, especially with other people. It’s just not something that I do recreationally. The only shopping I actually enjoy is grocery shopping.

23. One thing that I’m really OCD about is the direction in which the toilet paper unrolls. It HAS to come from back over the top to the front (it should never hang down on the back side). If I EVER find it the wrong way, even if it’s in somebody else’s home or at a restaurant bathroom, I WILL make it right. When Tom and I first got married, he got the new roll out once and put it the wrong way. He had a serious talking-to after that one.

24. I could potentially be related to Pope John Paul II. I’m workin on figuring that one out, but it is definitely possible.

25. And last but not least…the one you’ve all been waiting for….I’m pregnant!

PSYCH! Ok sorry, I just couldn’t think of anything else and I thought it would be funny to trick you. Sorry, guys, I just couldn’t contain myself.

8 comments:

  1. LOL OH MY GOSH! #25 LITERALLY made me jump! lol Oh holy crap Mary! haha Seriously. I jumped. If Aria wasn't sleeping, I probably would have made some sort of noise. lol ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude!!! i'm totally the same way about toilet paper. No joke. Thats why I prefer the "hook" toilet paper dispenser cuz it's easier to change.

    Pregnant!Hurray!!! How far? So why didn't you call us and tell us the news?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so confused. Is that "Psyche" as in you made us read 24 other things before telling us? Or "psyche" as in you're just kidding? It really sound like it could go both ways....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...I'm not pregnant. Sorry I didn't make that clear enough. I was just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. man you totally got my hopes up. I think this is an appropriate time for you to say "SUCKER!" and it would be well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Susannah Arnett!! You stinker! Casually enjoying reading your 25 you can imagine my reaction to #25! Energy coursed through my body from my head down to my shoulders, arms,down my torso to my legs, exiting my body through my fingertips and toes with amazing little electrical sparks! My bum actually came off the chair! You will call me at the appropriate time, right... I don't check my email everyday!! :) I love you. momma

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH!!! YOu totally got me!! stinker.. I yelled out for Justin and jumped up off my chair!! and then kept reading...you totally got me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, I was tricked, too! I wasn't sure what Psyche meant either, but that would have been a very sneaky way to announce you really were pregnant! Now when it really does happen, we are all going to wonder if you are "crying wolf" or not...I'm smiling! Sure love you and sounds like you are blissfully happy with marriage! That is so wonderful! Love you lots,

    ReplyDelete