- September 9th was Tom's birthday and because my cousin (and godmother), Rosemary, has a birthday on the 12th, we had a joint celebration with all the Peta family. Joey and Moses absolutely adore their teenage cousins (well, second cousins, but who's counting?) so these family events are always awesome for everybody.
- We also enjoyed going to the splash pad right by our house a few times before it got turned off for the fall/winter. Tom was quick and eager to jump in with Joey right away but it took quite a while before Moses and I were persuaded into it. We eventually went in (despite the fact that I wasn't wearing a swimsuit) and had a great time.
(I know. I look a little scary. Don't mind me)
- Last week we went to a Pirates game with the Nowlands (minus poor Jeremy who was stuck in Connecticut for an interview). For $15, our whole family got admission to the game PLUS $30 in food vouchers for anywhere in the park. Sweet deal, huh?
Moses got a bit antsy so Tom took him for a walk and he was much happier.
Our sweet Nowlands. I don't think Joey, Moses, and I would survive these 2 years of business school without these beautiful people.
The best smile I could get out of Joey.
Pretty cool view huh?
I think this is the only picture that I've taken in the past few months that actually shows that I'm pregnant....On second thought, I'm pretty sure I could pull off just looking overweight in this one, too. I'm almost 8 months pregnant. I promise this is not the workings of brownies and cookies...alone.
- This past weekend Tom and I were able to get away from the kids for a few hours (thanks Olsen family!) to go to the Tepper School's Dean's Welcome and Awards Reception to kick off the school year. It basically was a nice kick off to the year at the Carnegie Music Hall honoring about 10 2nd year students for their incredible hard work during the first year. Tom, in case you need a reminder, was a champion and got the highest GPA of his class so he received an award and Jeremy (the one missing in the Pirates pictures) was named the best, brightest, biggest star in the operations department at Tepper. Our husbands are pretty much amazing.
| This is not Tom receiving an award. This is Tom 2 seconds after he received his award and is now walking away. Thank you, delayed silly camera. |
It has been a great month with lots of fun and adventures. We've also managed to have some laughs at home, too...
Like that time Moses got stuck under the couch. I didn't even know he could fit under there. Apparently he can.
...Or the Sunday that Tom fell asleep on the couch after church and I let the boys jump on him like a jungle gym. Poor Tom.
Looking forward to more fun to come in October!






Great pictures! Did Tom actually sleep through that? That's amazing. And I love the picture of you guys at the splash pad. Tom's and Joey's expressions are almost identical. I tell Jeremy often that I don't know what I'd do without you guys!! So glad we have each other. :)
ReplyDelete