Naomi Darlene was born at 12:34. She weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces and measured 20.5 inches. Labor and delivery happened without any complications and both mom and baby are doing fine.
Mary really wanted to deliver without an epidural or any other pain medication. When they started her on pitocin and broke her water she thought that option was practically off the the table. However, whenever the nurse asked her if she wanted an epidural she kept pushing it off. Around 12:00 she finally demanded that I call the nurse in so that she could get the epidural, but by that time the anesthesiologist was in a C-section and unavailable. Had he been available I don't think he could have helped much. In just over half an hour Naomi was here. I'm so proud of Mary for toughing it through and sticking to her plan.

Way to go, Mary! Sounds like you were tough as nails. Congrats Arnetts!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you all. I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteWow Mary, you are amazing! I don't know how you did it with Pitocin, but I'm glad it went so well! I've been anxiously awaiting more details :), so thanks Tom for posting. She looks like a perfect little angel!! Can't wait to see her.
ReplyDeleteMary and Tom, I am sooooo excited for the 2 of you. I love the picture of Mary and Naomi! I can image how excited the family is now that Naomi has been born! Megan was soooo excited about the news that she called me at work so I too could join the celebration. CONGRATUATIONS! Uncle Gary
ReplyDeleteYay, yay! You did it! Way to go! And she made it in about three hours, just what you wanted. :)
ReplyDelete