Today marks Tom's first official day of classes in his MBA program, also known as my first day of two years as a single mother. Receiving advice from the wonderful wives that have gone before me, I've learned that I must prepare myself to never see this handsome face
Despite the fact that I probably won't see much of him, I need to start being more verbal about my excitement for him in this program. Since we've moved here in June, we've truly seen exactly why the Lord wanted to send us here. Along with the reasons aforementioned (our ward and extended family), it has been very clear to us that Carnegie Mellon is the perfect match for Tom. He absolutely loves the school and everything it stands for. Tom, though not excited about being away from home so much, is as giddy as a kid in a candy store about all of the things he will be learning in the coming years.
So, to celebrate such a monumental day in our little family's life, what am I going to do?
I'm going to go HERE
I decided that I needed to find make room in our budget for a membership to the zoo/aquarium for our family. Talking it over with Tom, we decided that a 1/year fee of $80 is much better than a weekly fee of $6o for the therapy I'd need if I didn't have an exciting place to take the boys on a regular basis when we all got cabin fever. We think it's a good plan.
Happy first day of school, everyone!
Happy first day of school, everyone!
you will love having a membership somewhere other than your living room! Sometimes you just need out! We have one to aquarium here and Bennett Renn and I go ALL THE TIME!
ReplyDeleteoh and GO TOM!
Tiffanee highly recommends getting a membership to Phipps Conservatory. She says it's a great place to run around and enjoy the warmth and the green during the cold Pittsburgh winter. It's also pretty close to Carnegie Mellon, which means you can meet Tom during lunch for a family date.
ReplyDeletehttp://phipps.conservatory.org/