Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our Little Climber

Joey is our little climber. Ever since he could lift himself up, he has been climbing. He started climbing our stairs practically the day he learned how to crawl. He climbs on couches, chairs, benches, bar stools, church pews, slightly opened drawers, his parents, everything. To our great dismay, he has now learned how to use his climbing abilities to get to things that he wants. It started with him just climbing onto a kitchen chair or high chair to get something from the dining table.


Before long, Joey got smart and we started seeing this:

Random chairs scattered across the house. He LOVES to play with light switches, hence the location.

Now, on a regular basis, you can find Joey scooting anything that he can climb around the house to reach the things he wants that we used to be able to keep out of his reach. So much for that method of baby proofing.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love it! (and I'm glad you blogged!)

    Also, I'm glad that your dream about me breaking the piano wasn't real. Did I ever tell you about the dream I had a few months ago? You and Tom got to Pittsburgh, and for some reason the school wouldn't let him in. So he decided to come back here to teach again. You guys had to live in a trailer park in KC. I went to visit you one time and a huge fight with gunshots ensued next door. It was pretty intense.

    P.s. No, I will not show you a picture of what my hair looks like before I go to bed for that one post. It looks really weird and I'm too vain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah what a cute kid! I've really been missing you guys lately. Joey is getting so big and we haven't even met Moses! We need to fix this problem!

    ReplyDelete